Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Is it really the middle of July?



Sorry all you faithful followers...all three of you! We have been on the road for the past couple of weeks and also had some very welcomed company.


We went to the farm to help finish up wheat harvest a few weeks ago. Brady and I helped by staying out of the way and consequently, in the air conditioned house. The other grandchildren actually did go out and ride in the combines. Whether they were much help is uncertain, but all had a good time.



After that our dear friend Brittany came to stay for the week. We may have scared her out of ever having children. Although we wished that she still lived in Abilene, it was a lot of fun to have her here for the week. She even kept Brady one night while Daniel and I went to dinner. If you are ever in Abilene or Albany I highly recommend going to eat at the Beehive. It was soooo good, as always. Sorry Brittany that we weren't very good hosts. I promise to do better if you ever come back...please come back!


We also went back out to Midland for my high school reunion. Brady and I went out little early so we could hang out by the pool and do a little shopping. Mom mom decided to give Brady swimming lessons. I am not sure he liked the part where she decided to hold his nose and put him under water. Now my mother has to be supervised when she wants to take Brady swimming, just kidding...kind of :) The reunion was nice. I was able to see some old friends. There were a lot of people that I really wanted to see that were not there. It was very interesting to see where people have ended up over the past years. I think that is all I will say about that. Brady also made his first appearance at Mom and Dad's church and was able to see some of our good friends. He was really tired and didn't make the best showing, but everyone loved him just the same.


Sorry I do not have more pictures. Daniel has had the camera the past couple of weeks while he has been climbing and touring various wind farms in the area. We are borrowing my dad's fancy camera and think we have all the working parts now so that we can take some good pictures.


Not much more time before I go back to work. Pray that we get our childcare situation all worked out. I know this was a boring post. I hope to have more and better things to write about to come. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. was this before he got beat up by the toy or after? lol. and there is no such thing as a boring post!

    ReplyDelete